Ingredients for 2 or 3 people:
- 3 cups (600 cc or 600 ml rice) (use sushi rice)
- 660 cc (or 660 ml) water
- 120 cc (120 ml) Sushi Vinegar
- Wash rice thoroughly
- Leave it on a sieve for at leave 30 min
- Put rice and water in a pot
- Cook with medium heat for 10-13 mins (do not remove the pot’s lid)
- Wait until water is boiled and turn the heat down to low
- Wait for 30 seconds with low heat
- Turn the heat off
- Leave it for at leave 10-15 min
- Add 120 ml sushi vinegar straight after the rice is ready
- Mix with a big spoon gently
- Make sure rice and vinegar are mixed well
- Cool it down with a fan to let rice soak all the vinegar
- Leave it 10-15 min
- …Make sushi
If you are in London, Makiko recommends getting fresh fish from Atari-ya foods.
I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to get fresh fish from a good and reliable supplier if you are going to make sushis. Please be careful. Alternatively, use smoked salmon for instance or make vegetarian ones.
Also, see how we put cling film on our sushi rolling mats? Do it, it will make cleaning so much easier.
Let me know how you get on!